Friday, April 22, 2011

Spaghetti Limone Parmeggiano

Found this recipe the other day and decided to try it out. This is the second time I've made it and I'm still loving it. 
 First, start cooking the meat (I added meat to the recipe, much better), and get the noodles boiling. 


 Next we make the sauce, composed of basically lemon zest and juice, Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil.

The cheese will melt and turn into more of a paste once you add the pasta and pasta water. 

Once the sauce has been made, we add the chicken and pasta. 

Sprinkle in some fresh basil leaves. 

And finish! You have a delicious chicken/pasta dish. Honestly it tastes so light and fresh. It makes me picture warm, warm summer days with an ice cold lemonade. 

Spaghetti Limone Parmeggiano
3/4 box of spaghetti (I used either fettuccine or linguine. I just like thicker pasta.)
Coarse salt
1 lemon
1 1/2 cups finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3-5 Tbsp. pasta water, to thin sauce
Handful fresh basil leaves
Chicken (I added the chicken into the recipe and just cook up whatever amount I think works, but cut into bite sized pieces).

1. Boil spaghetti in salted boiling water (DON'T TOSS OUT PASTA WATER) and start cooking chicken in olive oil.
2. Grate zest from lemon into large mixing bowl (not a lot of zest). Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice into bowl (again very little).
3. Add Parmesan cheese, pepper, and a pinch of salt, mix in olive oil to form a wet paste.
4. Once pasta is cooked add 2-3 Tbsp. of cooking water to lemon/cheese mixture. Add spaghetti and chicken to bowl, adding more cooking water if necessary. Stir.
5. Roughly tear in basil leaves.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and few gratings of extra Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Becca said...

This is a great post! And a delicious-looking recipe. I will try it.

Fantabulous Lil P said...

agreed. I love your soul.