Sunday, April 17, 2011

Singles Ward

So I'm officially graduated from BYU-Idaho. Not anything grand, associates in generals, I know how extremely exciting... But! Hey now all my credits will transfer nicely. My radiology program starts in the fall and it's a 2 year program. Most of my time will be at the American Fork hospital, which means I'm going to save money and live at home.
Brief update, I have not lived in one place for more than 4 months for the past 2 years of my life. I've moved into a new apartment every semester, new ward, new roommates.
And now I'm here, for 2 years, attending the same singles ward for this period of time. Weird for me.
But I've decided to change some things. Like my attitude.
Before my attitude was along the lines of, what can this ward do for me and where are the cute guys?
My mom would always lecture me about instead seeing what I can do for the ward. But did I listen? Of course not. That speech went right over my head and I kept my attitude.
But like I said, change is happening.
I'm trying to become involved in this ward.
FHE, ward prayer, institute, ward temple night.
I don't really have any friend friends in the ward, I sat by myself again in sunday school today. But guess what? I don't care. I was taught some great things, and had some of my own great insights. Isn't that what church should firstly be about? Church? Taking the sacrament? Learning the gospel?
I shouldn't just hang up a ward after a quick glance through the menu.
That's just being selfish.
I'm trying.
It's hard to completely involve yourself sometimes.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Megan...You inspire me. You always have, but you've always inspired me because you are always doing good things, for example, you diligently attended the temple once a week, got amazing grades, improved your talents of cooking, photography, and blogging, and you studied principles of the gospel in all aspects of your life. And you've always been sure of yourself and secure with who you are.

But now you are setting goals to even be better! Even being so sure of yourself, you don't have a big head, you are continually improving, and you're anxiously engaged in a good work!

I just wanna say, I wish you the best these next two years in school, but even more in involving yourself in the ward where you live and giving yourself to them, regardless if they give themselves to you. It's ike Elder Uchtdorf said, "Lift where you stand!"
Chances are you will be much admired among your peers and hopefully you will gain many new friends and foster meaningful relationships. Undoubtedly you will learn much about the Savior. That is one of the most exciting parts about this whole new endeavor. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm super excited for you!!