Monday, April 4, 2011

Introducing...

Me, a soon to be (in 2 years) radiology technician! Yes this means that I got into Weber's Radiology Program! So remember those 2 interviews I had to go through, one for the program in the Provo area, and the other for Ogden? Well, I had the Provo interview last Monday and lets just say that I did not feel good about it at all. I felt like I was giving the wrong answers, I wasn't saying what they really wanted to me...on and on. But I will say that at least it was a relaxed atmosphere. Which helped a lot. I mean they have a long table with 6 people questioning you on one side, while you sit on the opposite side of the table right in the middle. Talk about hot seat. But they were all joking around, laughing, just really relaxed. Which I loved.
Ogden's interview came on Thursday and I felt 10 times better about that interview. Oh it was perfect. They were asking questions that just set me up beautifully to give answers that I had prepared in order to make me sound worth it. And the people interviewing me were just as friendly, nice and relaxed.
Anyways, Friday a letter came from Weber State saying I had been accepted into the Provo Radiology Program. Which, I just about died because 1) I thought that interview did not go over well, and 2) I really wanted to get into the program in Provo. I'll be doing my clinical hours at the American Fork hospital, which is 5 minutes from my house. Fantastic yes? I can live at home and save money!
I still haven't heard back from Ogden yet, I'm assuming I'll get a letter sometime this week, but I have do say I feel slightly confident that I'll be accepted into the Ogden program also.
Can I just say that I can't believe I'm in the program and in just 2 short years I'll be certified?! Of course it's only in x-rays but then I can specialize and goes who knows where from there.
I'm just flat out excited.

1 comment:

Mal Mecham said...

Congrats, dear!! I'm so excited for you. I knew that they'd be absolutely crazy not to let you in!!