Friday, August 20, 2010

Swing Dancing

So last night I went swing dancing with Heather and Jake up in Salt Lake at Studio 600. It was absolutely fantastic! Despite the fact that the guys I danced with were...interesting... they were really good and I picked up on the following act so it felt like I was good too! Ha but really it was all in the guys leading.
One guy liked the dips, he did them quite a bit and he would dip me clear far back and then hold me there longer then I thought was necessary... I'm surprised my back isn't broken from his majestic dips.
Another guys I danced with at the beginning when they teach you steps, so he helped show me how to follow, and apparently he just really wanted to show me the "cowboys tango", so he requested the song and came and found me. Let me just tell you that the "cowboys tango" is no fun. I was so caught up on the stupid 1-2-cha-cha-cha and trying to get my feet right, while he was trying to turn me and then I get all messed up again! Dah But at least he got to show me that dance, which I don't know why he wanted to so bad because it's not that great of a dance.
I got lifted a few times by another dancing partner... that was epic.
And in the dance room next to us they had top 40 radio songs which amounted to tons of crazy dancing, extremely fun. It reminded me of high school dances with my guy friends. How we all get in a circle and just dance wildly. I love it.
It's sad that I get introduced to this great place, fun dancing, 2 weeks before I move back to Idaho! (Yes I move back in exactly 2 weeks from today!) Hopefully the school puts on some swing dance nights... I think they do once a week actually. I love to keep learning how to swing!

No comments: