Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goals and a Farewell

Some goals that I've been thinking about today:
-Finish Doctrine and Covenants by the end of the year, which means reading 1 section a day.
-Starting next year, instead of reading by sections or chapters, read a half hour every day in the Book of Mormon.
And my reminder for my life long goal:
-read the Book of Mormon at least once every year

Today was the farewell of one of my good friends from high school. Sometimes I feel like a missionary's farewell talk can be a little awkward. They wander in their talk and are nervous, about to embark for two years... but I have been blessed with great friends. Darren's talk was awesome. He is going to be such an amazing missionary, I was just beaming with gratitude of what a great guy he is during his whole talk. He made me think of the other guy friends that I have had through the years, the ones that I have such great respect for, and admire because of their righteousness. They were always fun to be with, but respectful of us and protective even, especially at dances. People sometimes would try to come up and dirty dance and those boys would just push them away and close in our little circle of goofy dancing. They kept my innocent bubble from popping. :)

Thanks guys for being examples to me. I really am so lucky to have had the friends that I did. Good luck Darren on your mission, I know you are going to be a great missionary.

No comments: