Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shadowing

Well I went in for my first official shadowing. It's weird how chill the back room of radiology is. Because really, they just sit and wait for a call. People are on their laptops, reading books, really just doing whatever. Which is pretty cool. I can handle that. But I think I went during a slower section of the day. I saw in the hour and a half I was there, I know not very long, but I saw a chest x-ray done 3 times. That's it. Cool the first time, and the lady I was with was sweet and talked to me... but the last 2.. eh it wasn't too great. But apparently I'm allowed to shadow in the ER so I'll look into that next time. And I need to go earlier, the guy that needs to see that I'm coming in shadowing was not there so no brownie points this time. I'm also going to try and shadow in the Cath Lab. Hopefully things pull through there. I'd like to see an actually procedure done start to finish, instead of just video footage from the x-ray. Which I do love looking at, but I want to see the procedure... see how things work.

But walking out of the hospital, there's an 'information' desk. And it made me smile, all of the 4 people in that tiny area were cute little old ladies, all of their hair curled to perfection with their glasses. They all just looked sweet, I'd walk up and seek information from them.

No comments: