Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family Reunion

So we had our Packard family reunion this last week, approximately 120 people there for the reunion. Yes water bottles with every ones name on their own, and 9 watermelons for 3 days. We had so much fruit. I ate the most food for each separate meal then I ever have in my life. And if was delicious. And this year was special because it's the first year we've had all the families' there. So that was really neat. I'm really blessed to be in this family. Having so many cousins and we all get along so well. We have such a fun time together. Five of us are all going up to BYU Idaho this fall.

So this year the reunion was in Utah, at a campground near Fruitland. It was so gorgeous, I didn't feel like I was up in the fountains at all, maybe I wasn't, I don't really know where we were but I loved it. There was a river running through our campsite and I was with the first group to float down it. And was that an adventure... it was ICE COLD and shallow in many areas. So if you weren't paying attention your butt would hit the rocks on the bottom. And river would try and pull you right into the bushes so you're trying to guide yourself away while keeping your balance on these ridiculous tubes. It was so much fun.


We had our annual archery contest, and those bows are dang hard.. of course I'm just wimpy anyways. There were two 50 dollar bills up for the teenagers and if you hit one, it was yours. Nate the lucky dog hit one. I was nowhere near... Jared hit the other 50.

The cousins! Left to right, Mckenna, Quinton, Aubrey, Me, Nate, Kent, James, Jared, Emma, Spencer, and Ben. We were only missing Caitlyn whose in college right now and Steven but he came up later that day.




But the reunion was really good. I'm sad my mom wasn't there, she was the only sibling not there. But it was still good, my dad compensated for the difference. He brought up his spa stuff. So the aunts got facials, or foot massage, and he had his paraffin wax and speakers. The whole parade.

I love my family. Reunions are the best. The next one in two years will be different.. all my guy cousins will be on missions and I'll be 20! Scary!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

i love you. that looked like super fun. when are we going to play?