Sunday, May 6, 2012

A New New Years Resolution

Already one of my new years resolutions has gone to pot. That goal fell apart maybe two months into the new year. Sad. It had such great potential.
It was a goal to read the scriptures for a half hour every day. It went really well for the first while. I read the Book of Mormon much faster then I normally do. But then life happened, and scripture reading kept getting pushed aside until right before bedtime. It takes me long enough to get ready for bed as it is, and then to try and add a half hour reading time on top of that... so you see my problem? Time management. Especially during the day.
So I've reconfigured the goal to be slightly more practical in my life but still have it require at least some effort and planning. I changed the goal to reading my scriptures during the day or evening, it just can't be right before I fall asleep. It doesn't matter how long I read or how much. Just as long as it gets in during the hours of alertness. :)

Wish me luck.

***

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have the same problem. Life gets so crazy sometimes! Good luck with your new goal!