Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good Life

I would just like to start off by saying that I love that I'm in Rexburg for this winter semester. I know, slightly ridiculous considering the weather we have here. But this is competing for my favorite semester up here and it's only been a week but it's definitely in the competition.

I love that I'm living in a house, well the basement really. There's a little lean-to shack on the side that leads down to my "apartment". There's 6 girls living upstairs, and 8 of us downstairs. Yup 8 and I love it.
I honestly lucked out this semester. I moved in knowing no one. I didn't know anyone I would be living with or anyone in the ward. But these girls just fit me so well.
Firstly they play games. Card games. Group games. Farkle. Pretty much anything. I feel like the majority of my nights here so far have involved some game or another. The guys that we've been hanging out with love the games too. It's fantastic. I don't think I've ever really lived with people who liked pulling out 5 crowns, or farkle, or egyptian ratscrew, to name a few.
Secondly we are all musically talented. I think all of us play the piano, 2 of the girls are music majors and sing in the vocal union choir, and the rest of us just love singing so there's music going on in this household.
Thirdly, a lovely number of us know and love broadway music. Especially my roommate. Can you see my joy here? When have I ever lived with anyone else who likes listening to broadway music besides my family? Never. Until now.
Fourthly we just all have so much fun with each other. We've gotten past the introductions where you try to seem like a normal, cool person and now we're in the this-is-exactly-how-weird-I-am-and-you-get-to-live-with-me phase which is hysterical.

I think my ward is going to be really good too. People seem outgoing and one of my roommies is a Sunday school teacher! She taught an amazing lesson on Sunday. I'm excited for her lessons.
I love that there are 8 of us. There's always someone to do something with, and we all like a lot of the same things. It's been neat finding time to bond with each of the girls and trying to really get to know them.
Again I think that being up here is so good for me right now. There's a lot to learn from these girls and my surroundings; night classes, online, tutoring. I just hope I can keep on top of everything. This is the first semester where I've had to specifically find time to do homework instead of being social with roommates or friends. I love it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it is all working out for you!!