Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eyes

Today after devotional I hung out with some people at the crossroads (where everyone eats on campus). I know the guys from playing ultimate frisbee with them and the girl I recognized from my choir class. So we're there just talking, having a good time playing some music and this kid walks up and sits with us. I'm a little confused, maybe these guys know him? I don't know so whatever I just play along. This mystery person is on the shorter side, short curly white blonde hair, had a pink paisley tie on and just someone a little different I guess I'll say. So he's all going on about how cool we are cause we were listening to awesome music. So I keep just wondering about this guy, and he gets all our numbers, so he can hang out with us again. It was one of those situations where you couldn't say.."no you can't have my number!" After that he walked away and we all look at each other, "So did anyone know him?" ....."nope."
But later that day, I get a call from him. And I answered it... "Hi Megan this is _____ from crossroads today. I just wanted to tell you something that I couldn't tell you earlier, with everyone around and all. But anyways.. I just wanted to tell you how gorgeous your eyes are. I just love them. They are beautiful....." Who  knows what else he said, I was having a hard time keeping a straight face. But I thanked him and told him I was flattered. So around 20 minutes later, he calls again. But this time asking to do something tonight. Ummm ha no I'm definately not going there. Used the, 'me and my roommies are having a girls night' excuse. Horrible but that's just asking for an awkward situation. I don't need any more of those thank you.

No comments: