Thursday, April 17, 2008

spring break

Spring break = work, lazyness, work, sand dunes, work, work.

But! I found the craziest thing while work was slow... check this out. http://www.petercallesen.com/index/A4PAPERCUT_000.htm Pretty much i am unworthy to touch a piece of paper again. This guy has insane talent, and lots of time... But i must say i'm impressed. I wish i had some mind boggling talent like that..

So today we went up to the sand dunes with cousins. That place is genious. Some random out in the boonies spot and magically there are giant piles of sand. Everywhere else has some sort of life..trees, but this giant sand bowl just sits in the middle of nowhere. It's awesome. I've only been there once before and it was a long time ago..when i wouldn't drive the 4-wheeler myself in the dunes..everywhere else was fine but the dunes are freaky. I would sit behind my dad..(i swear it's worse sitting with him that it probably would've been actually driving) He likes to stop and hover right at the top edge, as you peer down to a gut wrenching drop, He lingers,..and plunges! And you clutch for dear life and you fly down this hill of sand and speed up the oncoming side.

People are crazy drivers at the dunes. Your scared to rush up over the side because some moron might be plunging down toward you. So you can see why i would much rather ride on the back with my dad...then try finding my way around there. So i get myself ready to head up on the 4-wheeler with my pa..but nope. I'm immediately let known that i will be driving my own and will be following dad. Okay, i can do that..at least i'll be behind him.... So to get up into the dune area you have to speed up a hill...yea i didn't have enough momentum, my 4-wheeler stopped right near the top..so close to making the hill! So lucky me, i get to reverse back down and floor it up! But ya know, i actually like driving it myself. As long as i'm following someone, my dad can find good hills. I love the way your body naturally flows and moves with the landscape while you drive over hills and turns. You feel like you've been doing this your whole life.

So today was only a day trip..drive up in the morning, play around, have lunch, play and go home when you want. So we only brought food for one meal. um yeah..one meal that could feed people for 3!! I'm tellin ya, we definately have a thing for food.
So i got sunburned today, only on my face, mostly on my cheeks. And now i look like some ditsy bubblehead who puts on too much blush. ugh

No comments: