Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chef-ness

So sometimes I like to try out new things. Well, okay really I try out new things quite a bit. The new thing that I tried out was cooking with my roommate. (Yes I do normally cook, it's not like this was my first time.) But we searched for recipes from different countries, and Switzerland was the winner! We made Rippli which is pork loin ribs that are cooked with potatoes, bacon, carrots, cabbage, celery, tomatoes...just flat out goodness.
Me and one of my wonderful roommates: Becca (p.s. she knows what she's talking about when it comes to cooking. I was her little grasshopper pupil.)

Doesn't that look delicious? Allow me to inform you that it was. 

We also decided to make a dessert, Swiss of course. We made Schokolade Kuchen which is chocolate cake. Can I just say that it was the most bizarre chocolate cake that I've ever made. There was absolutely NO flour involved. Weird. But it was delicious. It definitely has more of a dark chocolate side, but don't worry if you're not a huge fan of dark chocolate. The powder sugar frosting will make up for the lack of sweetness.



I like us and our cooking ideas. Hopefully we get in a few more recipes before the end of the semester. 

For details on how these recipes were made check out our apartment blog. www.stepintotheden.blogspot.com. I'm sure we'll get the post up there in a couple days or so. 

1 comment:

Heather and Jake said...

That cake looks yummy! I can't wait to see the recipes.