Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Some Things

There are only 4 weeks left in this semester... scary. I think the class that scares me the most is english. ha compared to anat and phys you must think how? But at least for now, the final paper that we're suppose to work on all semester... yes I have barely done anything for it. Oh I have my topic no worries, but even my topic is a little daunting. My teacher wanted us to write about something in our field that we're going into. Some argumentative issue that we can write about. Let me just tell you that in the field of radiology there aren't too many huge debates going on that are really worth a papers worth of research. But I did find one where they've been debating the use of the functional MRI verses the Wada Test for pre-surgical tests in the brain. So interesting to me, but the dang medical language in the articles are daunting! I have to dissect each term to figure out what they're actually saying, and somehow I have to transfer that into a paper and make it understandable to people who have no knowledge of the field AND make it interesting?! My friend keeps teasing about how much of a 'page turner' my papers gonna be... Yeah I'm worried.

In Anatomy and Physiology we've been learning the muscles. And I've been introduced into a new way of studying.
Penning out the muscle names on my legs! It honestly works wonders. People gave me weird looks, but now when I hear the muscle name I can look at my leg and see where it would be if it was still written. Don't worry I'm not cheating and I got all the pen off before church.

So a problem we've been coming across in our apartment is that we often forget we have food in the fridge. It leads to horrible discoveries like this...
Yeah I'm disgusted too don't worry. We had to throw away a few other dishes along with the cake. Any salad that I buy seems to get gross at a much faster rate than it ever did at home. I've given up buying salad for the time being until I know I'm going to eat the whole bag before it goes bad.



















Aubrey is still being Aubrey. I love rooming with my cousin. We are both just layed back about things so it's really easy to live with her. Next semester we're moving up to Royal Crest with 4 new roommates! It's nice to live with people you know and I'll be sad not to live with my girls right now, but I like being in new situations, new people, new ward... bring it.

We always seem to encounter one problem or another when baking cookies. Either too big so they squish up against each other making square cookies, or not enough chocolate chips...resulting in cookies with one sad lonely chocolate chip.

Ashley came into town last weekend and stayed with us before AFY so we took her to the sand dunes! And I think colorful sunglasses are the best. They're legit.


I think my favorite song overall this semester is Something Good Can Work: by Two Door Cinema Club.

No comments: