Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom

Mother's Day away from home is obscure to me. I don't like it.

I remember the days of dad making breakfast for mom, while the kids wrote letters, and then we would carry up the mass of food placed on a cookie sheet to her in bed. We would then all sit on the bed and hand her our letter and she would read them to herself, have some laughs, cry and little and procede to give us each a hug and then share her testimony on how we as a family make her life as a mom, a lot easier. How supportive we are with her and dad. But mom, you are the one that makes our life a lot easier. Mine especially. You are the one that supports me. You are the one with the advice. You are the one I want to call when my entire apartment has had a ridiculously crappy saturday. You are the one that I want to tell everything happening in my life to. You are the one I want to talk to when I meet a boy that I'm interested in. Yours is the advice I put the most weight to.

I love you mom. I love what I have learned from you. I love your cooking. I love that you are in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love that you had me take piano lessons. I love my blanket that I have up here that your grandma made for you in college. I love being able to say that I have "Packard" in me. I love how you support me. I love how you direct me. I love how it was you that got me interested in radiology.

Thank you mom for helping me become what I am today. Thank you for helping me build off of your testimony, to where I now have such a strong one of my own. Thank you for having a wonderful relationship with dad. Thank you for showing me what mother's should be, what should be most important. Thank you for being there in the points in my life where I truly needed you. Thank you for helping me see that high school isn't worth the amount of drama that people put into it. Thank you for being a mother.

I love you mom.

2 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

I just love that picture of mom! Don't we have a fantastic mom?!

Lesismore said...

Megan you are amazing! What a great blog for your great mom.