Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today

Today is wonderful.

You know that saying where you have to experience the bitter before you can taste the sweet? Well that's what I've had. Last weekend was an absolutely crappy weekend. It was ridiculous. The load of homework, drama, people trying to get me to not do my homework, tension, "that time of the month" for four of us in my apartment... it was like walking on eggshells all weekend.

But the weather, is beautiful right now. It is 70 degrees. Gorgeous, wonderful, luxurious sun.

The day started with the guys in our ward making the girls breakfast. A full on breakfast too mind you. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hash browns.... ah it was yummy. And then I had a great game of racquetball with a friend who is much better then me. He taught me a lot though, I think I'll improve immensely learning from him. He's got wicked serves. You're either running to the ball, or ducking away from it.

After some clean up, the girls and I went to the temple. This was the first time for me going to the Rexburg Temple. I love this temple. I love temples. I love being there. I don't know how I lasted all fall semester without going once. What a shame. Normally on Saturdays, you plan for a long temple day. Like 4 hours long temple day. So we finished up as much homework as possible so we would be able to relax and have the right frame of mind while in the Lords house. But crazily, we were done in a little over one hour! I don't know how it happened but we got out in perfect time to make it to Quinton's soccer game. Well, we got there at half time but still, perfect.

Beautiful weather for a soccer game, I'm sure I got burned. Intense soccer game, those are the best. And a winning game for Quintons team.

We have stake conference tonight. It's been a good day. I like these Saturdays.

No comments: