Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quirks Of Me

I brush my teeth in the shower and I love it. Why wouldn't anyone enjoy feeling so thorougly clean?

I'm very fond of my bookshelf. Dusting it is a ritual where I lovingly move my books off and on the shelf while reminiscing over the stories I enjoy.

I have to read something every night before I go to sleep. Even if it's only a couple of pages. Any amount of reading will suffice. But it has to happen.

I am always reading a book. There are few times when I am not.

I very seldom/almost never take off my rings, and the few times I do and forget to put them back on... I spaz out until I get them back on my fingers. My hands feel awkward without my rings, I don't like it.

I love converse shoes. Even though I'm a poor college student with the knockoff versions, I still have some legitimate converse all stars. I like vans too but since I already own converse I feel like I'd be betraying them if I started wearing vans also. So I'm a converse girl.

I adore old leather books. I found a bookstore in Provo on Center Street that has a back corner, just full of old leather books. Oh how I wish I owned that corner.

Music is a passion. I transition through phases of music. Broadway, oldies, rock, hip-hop, hawaiian, chill, acoustic, radio, instrumental, and any other phase that has no real definition. The worst phase though would be no knowing what phase I'm in, the middle of the transitioning. Those are lame music days.

I collect face cards, smashed pennies, and fortunes from the fortune cookes.

I like to think that Switzerland, Hawaii and Goblin Valley are all tied for my home away from home.

I have to be able to see a clock at night. It drives me crazy if I don't know what time I randomly wake up during the middle of the night. I need exactness.

I hang up my shirts in rainbow order, with matching colored hangers.