Monday, May 12, 2008

Kite Weather

So our family went on a camping trip to Antelope Island, in the Great Salt Lake. Yeah, i will admit i thought it was going to be questionable. But truth be told it was pretty fun. We had intense wind. Ooh the funness of wind.
Well my dad being the kite man he is, brought up one of his older kites and a new stunt kite we got him for his birthday. They were sweet! There was so much wind you were literally pulled. You'd have to stop yourself from blowing with the kite by pushing against a rock.

I've never flown a kite before and let me tell you, it's tricky. I had a lovely share of straight down plummets into the ground. But i'm learning. I got the spinning down, and am working on the sideways flow...trying to get it close to the ground and stream past people. It's awesome. But kites i've found are a new love. I'm gonna buy one and stick it in my car, along with my racquettball, tennis and soccer equipment. Oh, i'll be ready for that wind. Bust out my kite! BAM! We're good.

No comments: