Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life of Pi

In theaters November 21st.


I honestly love this book. I know some people find the book questionable but I love to idea of using your imagination to help you overcome a problem, a tragedy, a loss. It's the same in the movie The Fall, where they tell a story and in the story they find their way to overcoming their problems. It's the same in Chocolat, where the little girl has an imaginary pet kangaroo with a bad leg that keeps her company as she moves constantly with her mom. Only when they finally settle and put down roots does her pet kangaroo recover and hop away. 

I'm not sure how the movie will turn out. It looks promising so far. I'm definitely going to see it. 

1 comment:

Maddie Violet said...

I am so excited to see it! I really loved the book.