Thursday, January 12, 2012

Switching

Switching from Teachings of the Living Prophets institute class to Parables of Christ was the best decision I've made so far this semester. This class is going to be fantastic.

Would you like to know something about sectional anatomy? I've always thought that when you are looking at an axial slice (a slice cut through the body horizontally), it's from the view of you looking down. That would mean that at the top of the page you have the front of the body, at the bottom you have the back, the left side is the left side of the body and the right is the right. Well guess what? I'm completely wrong. It's as if you are looking up. So you take the picture and hold the slide above your head and look up at it and suddenly you realize that the patient would be facing you which now means the the left side of the patient is on the right side of the page and the right side of the patient is now on the left side of the page. And you are looking up. Up! I can't even describe how much of a difference that makes. My brain had a serious issue trying to get over that fact and understand what I was looking at in class. Ridiculous.

But don't worry. I'm catching on. The workbook is making sense as I guess and check my way through the slices.

In other news, I leave for Vegas in a month. Which means that my birthday is in a month.

No comments: