Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Fast Sunday

For the past two months my Sunday rotations for my program have fallen on fast Sunday. And in my weakness I decide not to fast so that I can have energy to work at the hospital. But today I was able to come to my singles ward and hear some amazing testimonies. Home singles wards are never looked upon with excitement. No one wishes that they were living at home attending the singles ward. But as with all things, there is good. And you have to give yourself time to find it. I sat by myself a lot when I first moved in. I hardly knew anyone and the people I did know were more of acquaintances instead of good friends. But I decided to put myself out there and try going to the family home evenings. The Lord responded to that decision by calling me as a FHE coordinator. I know a few more people now. I have friends to sit by and talk to. I'm starting to remember names. And even though I still have times where I sit by myself, where I feel like I go unnoticed, Heavenly Father is always so good and sends me little reminders, little pick me ups through the members of the ward. Whether it's a text message from a good friend I made in the singles ward or a compliment on the FHE activity from the other night, I am reminded that I have people caring about me and watching over me.
I really do have a pretty good ward. There may be some things I wish were a little different but I have an amazing bishop, people that come to fhe and enjoy themselves, people that get up and share sincere testimonies, and now some actual friends that I look forward to seeing.
Again the saying comes to mind: "you find what you look for".
As much as people dislike the home singles ward, it is only because they haven't given themselves the time or opportunity to see the good in the church and the members of the ward.

No comments: