Monday, March 22, 2010

Washington

This last week I was able to take a road trip with my two cousins Kent and Quinton, where we headed up to Washington to see Spencer before his mission and to hang out with family! I stayed with Uncle David and Aunt Lynette and each of the days I would spend time with one of the aunts and their family. There are so many young cousins up in Washington, it's so much fun. I haven't seen a lot of the family up there for a long time, so it was good to spend time with them. Most of the pictures I took involve my little cousin Mia, whose around 3 I believe. I took other pictures of my Aunt Jenna's kids, but she let me use her amazing camera, so she has all those pictures. I'll have to get them from her, cause I really liked the pictures.
So here are some of my favorites of Mia...

She is adorable and a chunker. Very cute. I was also able to play with Aunt Jenna's kids at the park. We fed ducks, played on the playground, they recieved countless under doggies from me on the swings, we went on a walk and ended with a movie at their house. I guess from not being around such young kids for a while, I've forgotten how much energy they have. But then they're able to crash once they sit in a car for over 5 minutes. It's great. I wish I had the pictures from Aunt Jenna's camera... dang. Oh well.

I spent some time with Aunt Jeanine watching a chick flick with 2 of her girls, and her 5 year old, Maddie, gave me a little foot massage. haha she's going to be awesome when she grows up.  I played racquetball with my Aunt Lynette and her racquetball buds. Those ladies are intense. I was definately intimidated but I had fun.

My cousin Aubrey, whose my age and roomming with me next semester took me to a little food place in the ghettos. haha it was crazy. There's a park across the street where only gangs go. Someone was shot there a couple years ago. It's a scary looking park I'll have to say. But the ice cream was really good.  The place is called Ron's Taco and Burger. There's just a little window where you order your food, or you drive thru. But at night they put up bars in the windows so you can't reach through... it's crazy. There are definately creepers out there. But it was fun.

But I love my family and I'm so grateful for them for letting me stay with them and hang out up there! I have the coolest cousins, and good luck Spencer with your mission at the Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos mission. I'm so excited for you. :)

No comments: