Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New found talent

When put under stress, you find what you can handle. I love my cna class, but yeah it's harder. You have to put effort in if you want the grade. You must maintain an 80% or else you can't take the test to certify. In order to pass the test, you actually need to study. I know this is new, but there are a lot of classes in school where studying for the test is optional and you can still pass.

My test on Friday is according to my teacher, one of the harder ones because of all the terms and things you need to memorize. They aren't hard to understand, there's just a ton of them. Now match me up with note cards and a highlight to color coordinate! Awesome combination. Work was a little slow so i made my note cards in between customers and when finished, i studied. A lovely fat portion of this test is prefix, suffix and roots of medical terms that range from dys to cyan to algia to osis... and anywhere inbetween.
Out of 70 note cards , 53 of them are those different parts of medical words. That's a pretty intense number, at least to me it feels like. But by the end of my 4 hour shift.. bam! I had just about all of those notecards down! I realized, i can memorize pretty darn well if you give me some note cards, and of course a highlighter to color coordinate. My cna binder is the most organized thing i own probably.

No comments: