Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gainesville, Florida

I thought I would do a quick picture update for you. Over Labor Day weekend Scott and I took a spontaneous trip to Gainesville, Florida to visit Scott's best friend. We went to a football game Saturday evening and had quite the evening. 

Firstly, I've never seen so much orange and blue. And this wasn't even a huge game mind you. 

Secondly, and I had no idea but the thing to wear to a football game is a Vegas style strip club dress. No, I'm not kidding. Check out my stalker photos. :)


Lovely right? Wrong. It's ridiculous. Really? You want to sit on a bleacher in that? While it rains? Good call.


Anyways, it was lovely and sunny.                             And then it down poured like no ones business.
And then the game got delayed before it even began. So we waited, and then got some sandwiches to go and ran in the pouring rain to this little tunnel to wait out the rain. Tunnel included smokers on both ends and drunk nasty adults on the other. It was quite the experience. It makes me realize how great Utah is with it's little bubble. I know people hate on the Utah bubble but I'd rather not be surrounded by disgusting adults who are drunk and talking about all sorts of foul things thank you.

The lightning finally cleared up enough for the game to start. (After 3 hours of delays). University of Florida almost scored on the first play. And then the game got delayed again. And after a half hour of more waiting, the game was finally cancelled.


Sunday after church we drove over to St. Augustine to walk around and see the oldest town in the US. 

It's really hot and humid there.
But so pretty and so neat.

We had a great little trip. Even though we got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half coming home. That was a kill joy for sure. But that's life for you! You just have to take it as it comes. :)

No comments: