Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Global Wildlife Center (aka "FEED ME!")

Number 6 on the Tripbuzz website for things to do in Covington, LA and given a 96% rating was the Global Wildlife Center. So Scott and I decided to check it out last weekend.

Basically, it's a park where a bunch of wild animals (all grazers) roam free(ish) and you ride in this covered wagon train and feed the animals. They have these miniature deer, zebras, giraffes, emus, kangaroos, and a bunch of other animals that I had no idea what they were.

(Some playing around before getting on the wagons.... Scott mid yawn. haha)



These are the cups of food that you can buy. You can also buy an entire bucket... which is definitely the better option. The animals chow down! Also, they are known to take the cup right out of your hands.


It was so hot out there. I was getting a little sweaty. Also, it started raining at one point and those "covered wagons", don't actually mean they'll protect you from the rain. Which lead to my entire backside getting wet and adding on to the sweat. Yum-my

Tiny deer! They're so cute. 

Don't know what happened to this guys poor horn, it's bent all the way back. 

The animals swarm the wagons. They know that you have food hidden inside and they want it!

Apparently you're not suppose to feed the zebras with the cup. You're suppose to just throw the food on the ground, because the zebras will still bite at you. But what the heck, I fed him with the cup anyway.

Zebras are so cool.

Longest tongue ever. Also, his throat alone is a bottomless pit.


One more cute zebra for you! There are also giraffes but they don't come up to the wagon train very often. So, next time I come here, I'm doing the private tour. Which means you're in a smaller car and you drive up to the giraffes! There are two baby giraffes as well right now so I definitely doing it!

Anyways, Scott and I had a great time. If you ever happen to be around here, I would completely suggest it, along with light weight airy clothing, water, buying the bucket of feed, and the private tour. :)

No comments: