Thursday, September 6, 2012

Brainiac

Did any of you happen to see this article the other day? (17 year old girl builds artificial 'brain' to detect breast cancer) The title alone blows me away let alone her simple matter of fact statement, "I taught the computer how to diagnose breast cancer."

I don't know about you but I was no where near building neural networks when I was in 7th grade. And as much as I feel like a complete failure after reading articles like these, I still love reading all about them. Smart, talented little prodigy kids are awesome. They blow my mind.

Here's a link to her project summary, if you feel like delving a little further.


1 comment:

Annie said...

Computers instead of mammograms?? Where do I sign!?! Although from the sounds of the article I think some sort of "fine needle" shot might be involved? But still--I'd take a shot over two glass plates smashing me to pieces ANY day! Let's hope that technology takes off by the time we're old enough for that stuff!