Sunday, October 30, 2011

October = Halloween = PUMPKINS

I have never been to a haunted house or a haunted corn maze. I have a hard time thinking of something I want to dress up as and finding a costume. I don't know if I care incredibly much for Halloween parties because it seems like an excuse for girls to dress up like skanks. I don't like scary movies and the only scary stories I look forward to are my Grandma Croslands'. But do you want to know what I love?
Pumpkins.
I love everything about pumpkins in the month of October. Carving pumpkins, eating pumpkin seeds, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins. So amazingly delicious.
A couple years ago my family invested in a second garden located in a community garden location. We've been growing mostly our corn and pumpkins there. And for the past two years I've been up in Rexburg during Halloween which means I have missed pumpkin greatness. Well, this year I wasn't going to miss out and we were going to have a fantastic pumpkin episode. We ended up having 88 pumpkins grown this year. Most of them were on the smaller scale but they looked fantastic spread out all over in our yard.





Brilliant right?
Well just wait until you see what we've carved.
(Warning: lots of photos coming up.)

Boogie Man carved by: Nate
Smiley Jack and Sally carved by: Megan

Boo carved by: Amie

3 Pumpkin Tower carved by: Dad


Michael Jackson and Thriller carved by: Megan

Zero carved by: Megan

Angry Birds carved by: Nate, Megan, and KaLee

Neytiri from Avatar carved by: Mom

Cheshire Cat carved by: Natalie
Mad Hatter carved by: Megan

Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog carved by: Nate
Angry Birds carved by: Amie and Grandpa Packard

Batman carved by: Heather

Jolly Rogers carved by: Jake

Pretty sweet huh? I enjoyed myself and I've gotten my fill of pumpkin carving for the year. Time now to make some goodies. 
I hope the trick-or-treaters enjoy our display.
Happy Halloween :)

2 comments:

Fantabulous Lil P said...

Oh my gosh. So don't have the patience. I'm pretty sure my pumpkin took a grand total of 10 minutes to carve. You win.

Melissa said...

I don't like Halloween much either, but I love your pumpkins! :)