Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Seeking

"Do not seek to have events happen as you want them to, but instead want them to happen as they do happen, and your life will go well." -Epictetus

I had a good friend share this quote with me a little bit ago, I loved it then and I love it more now. Things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to this Christmas break. I had my mind set on something else. I thought I knew what was right for me. But I learned something as I went along in this experience: I developed a better trust in Heavenly Father. I came to the conclusion that whatever happens will be the right thing. If I'm trusting him and honestly searching for his path for me, then what happens is for my good and will lead to better things. I'm sure if I was still stuck on wanting things to happen as I want them to, then I would have a much harder time moving on. 

But for now, I've closed a chapter in my life and am ready to start a new one. Which is my last semester up at BYU-Idaho before getting my associates and moving into the world of radiology (crossing my fingers to get in first try). I'm going to be living in a house firstly, the lower level where there are 8 total of us girls. I know no one. I'm taking for the first time night classes and online classes. I hopefully will get my job as a tutor for anatomy and physiology. If I can handle it, I'll take on a second job where my good friend works, (she's got the "in" for me). I'm just so excited for a new semester to start. I always am. 

"Life will go well."

No comments: